I am delighted to be able to invite you back to Church
We have put in place very stringent safety and hygiene measures to ensure we will worship safely and want to reassure you that your safety is our priority. We have employed a specialist consultant to conduct risk assesments, have obtained grant funding for medical grade sanitisation equipment and have conducted extensive training of everyone involved. We will maintain very strict social distancing of at least 2 metres, and do everything possible to allow our church family to come together again and worship safely.
There will sadly have to be a few changes and there is a full document enclosed to warn you about them. But essentially these include:
- The toilets will be closed as it is unfair to ask any volunteer to put themselves at risk to clean them. We hope to be able to purchase special equipment to review this in a few weeks.
- Please wear a face mask if you are physically able to. This will help to reassure some of our more elderly congregation that they are safe to return
- Holy Communion will take place with the Priest masked and the congregation standing with arms outstretched to receive the Host (contact free).
- All congregation will remain seated in the pews for the duration of the service and will be asked to remain in the pews until they are escorted at a safe distance from others.
- Sadly we will be unable to let anyone arriving after the service has started because they will miss the safety announcements at the start of the service. Please arrive for worship by 10.55am at the latest for St James and 9.55am for St Clements. Please don’t come late!
- At St Clements only congregation will enter at the front of the building and leave at the rear of the building.
I do hope these measures will ensure you feel safe to return. We look forward to worshipping safely together.
God bless you and those you love. Do get in touch (leave an answerphone message and I will call you back) if you have any concerns at all.
Rev Christine Threlfall
Priest in Charge
Broughton Team Ministry
St James Higher Broughton and St Clement with St Matthias, Lower Broughton
0161 792 1208